Inscrit le: 19 Avr 2018
|Posté le: Ven 18 Mai - 06:13 (2018) Sujet du message: The client wants to close the current e-commerce website
The client wants to close the current e-commerce website and open a new one on a completely different engine without losing income. I have no idea how to approach this topic.
Old site has over 100 000 pages, and in terms of SEO is quite great - we hit almost every important keyword in our niche but thanks to heavy modifications of source code site become unmaintainable. Content on new shop will be almost 1:1 with old page but:
- domain will be different (I can't explain to the client that this will damage our core brand). Beacuse of that I'm forcing idea of going with brandname.com/shop domain instead of newshop.com beacuse our main brand is well known to our customers, not as much as old shop but still better than new shop brand.
- engine and design will be different
- we will lost almost 30 000 backlinks.
- budget: only IT. No content and seo tools budget.
- BONUS: client hired before me some "SEO magician" - now SEO audit score with tools like ahrefs etc. is around 6 - 12% for 100 000 pages on new shop. Great.
Does anyone have idea how to approach such task with minimal losses?
Any help will be apprecited.
I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.